1. An electronic device that processes data and converts it into information.
2. Data or Input ? is processed into information by computer processor
3. The part of computer which coordinates all functions of computer and other component
4. What is called data in computer ?
Raw information or Information containing numbers and symbols
5. CPU stands for
Central Processing Unit
6. The part of the computer used for calculation and comparison
ALU (Arithmatic and Logical Unit)
7. ALU or Control Unit ? controls the movement of signals between CPU and I/O
8. Three main parts of the computer
ALU, Control Unit and Registers
9. The basic computer processing cycle consists of
Input, Processing and Output
10. ADC stands for
Analog Digital Converter
11. What is output ?
When the information leaves the system
12. Processing involves
Transforming input into output
13. Hard disk or CPU ? is required to process data into information and consists of integrated circuits
14. When computer manipulates data than this manipulation is called
15. AI stands for
16. Computer Data or Input ? is whatever typed, submitted or transmitted to the computer system
17. ALU or Control unit ? tells the rest of the computer how to carry out a program's instruction
18. The computer's processor consists of the following parts main memory and storage or CU and ALU ?
Main memory and storage
19. The CPU comprises of Control memory and ALU or ROM ? unit.
Arithmetic and Logical
20. Input or Output ? devices convert human understandable data and programs into a form of computer's
21. The octal equivalent of the Binary number (101001101) is....
22. PARAM was developed by
23. Which type of computer could be found in digital watch ?
a). Notebook computer b). Mainframe computer c). Embedded computer
24. The first computer was programmed using Machine Language or Assembly Language ?
25. ASCII stands for
American Standard Code for Information Interchange
26. Who designed the first electronic computer-ENIAC ?
Presper Eckert & John Mauchly
27. Any data and instruction entered in the memory of a computer is
a). Storage b). Information c). Input
28. Control or Function ? key is used in combination with another key to perform a specific task
29. CD-ROM, RAM, Registers, Cache, which of the following is the fastest ?
Registers (Registers >> Cache >> RAM >> CD-ROM)
30. BASIC stands for
Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code
31. Ctrl, Shift and ALT key are called as modifier or function ? keys
32. In MICR, C stands for
Character (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition)
33. Codes consisting of lines of varying widths or lengths that are computer readable are known as
A Bar Code
34. The primary output device for a computer is Video Monitor or Printer ?
35. BIOS stands for
Basic Input Output System
36. Soft copy refers to
a). Printed Output b). Digitizing c). Screen Output
37. The key that must be pressed each time a new command or information is entered
Return / Enter
38. The most common storage device for the personal computer is Floppy Disk or Hard disk drive ?
39. The first computer mouse was developed by
40. CAD stands for
Computer Aided Design
41. Typical acronym of reusable optical storage will be
a). CD b). DVD c). CD-RW
CD-RW (Compact Disk - Read Write)
42. Data gathering in computer means, they allow to use Store or Input ? data
43. A permanent memory, which does not erase data after power off
ROM (Read Only Memory) means it's a non-volatile memory
44. Hard disk drives are considered
a). Flash storage b). Temporary storage c). Non-volatile storage
45. COBOL stands for
Common Business Oriented Language
46. Built in memory of computer is
a). EROM b). ROM c). PROM
47. Which computer memory is used for storing programs and data currently being processed by CPU
a). PROM b). Internal Memory c). Non-volatile memory
48. Data saved permanently in Memory or Storage ?
49. A disk's content that is recorded at the time of manufacture and that cannot be changed or erased by the user is
a). Read Only b). Write Only c). Memory Only
50. CRT stands for
Cathode Ray Tube
51. CD-ROM or Floppy Disk ? uses laser technology to store large amount of information
52. RAM is Volatile and Temporary
53. Secondary storage
a). Doesn't require constant power b). Doesn't use magnetic media
Doesn't require constant power
54. The place where the computer stores programs and data is called Memory or Storage unit ?
55. DCL stands for
Digital Command Language
56. CD-ROM or hard disk ? has read and write capabilities
57. Tracking or Formatting ? is the process of dividing the disk into tracks and sectors
58. ........ is the max. amount of data that can be stored on a storage medium.
a). Magnetic Storage b). Optical Storage c). Storage capacity
59. Which of the following can only have sequential access ?
a). Disk b). Tape c). CD-ROM
60. DFD stands for
Data flow diagram
61. A CD-RW disk
Can be erased and rewritten
62. A DVD is an example of optical disk or solid-state storage device ?
63. Storage and memory differ with respect to which of the following characteristics
a). Price b). Reliability c). Speed d). All of these
All of these
64. Storage media such as a CD read and write information using .....
a). A laser beam of light b). Magnetic Dots c). Magnetic Strips
A laser beam of light
65. DNS stands for
Domain Name System
66. The software or Hardware or System unit ? is a box that houses the most important parts of a computer system.
67. The main system board of a computer is called the
a). Integrated chip b). Mother board c). Processor
68. The ALU or co-processor or Motherboard ? controls communication for the entire computer system.
69. Sockets or Slots ? provide expansion capability for a computer system
70. UPS stands for
Uninterruptible Power Supply
71. The pictorial representation of a program or algorithm is called a
72. Computer programs are written in a high-level programming language however the human readable version of a program is called
73. The operating system called Unix is typically used for web servers or supercomputers ?
74. BASIC and COBOL are examples of high-level or low-level ? languages
75. DPI stands for
Dots Per Inch
76. A mistake in an algorithm that causes incorrect results is called a Logical or Syntax Error ?
77. The time bit is short for
a). Mega Byte b). Binary language c). Binary digit
78. 4-bits are known as
79. The largest unit of storage among MB, KB, TB, GB is
80. DVD stands for
Digital Versatile Disc or Digital Video Disk